If you’ve ever dreamed of growing your own vegetables to create fabulously nutritious meals, why not spend the day with Ross at beautiful Trerethern Farm in Padstow and learn how to establish your own kitchen garden. This fun but informative course is for gardeners of all abilities and no previous experience is required, although a passion for all things green-fingered is a bonus! Former head chef, Ross, will also prepare a scrumptious lunch made with ingredients sourced from the farm.
Ross is keen to tailor the day to suit the participants’ requirements, therefore, over introductory tea/coffee and delicious home-made cake, he will ask each person what it is they would like to learn.
- Growing vegetables in the ground, raised beds, pots and a polytunnel.
- Growing veg and herb plants from seed or cuttings.
- Growing and harvesting seasonal veg.
- How to grow baby veg and herbs for dinner parties.
- Continuity sowing
- How to deal with gluts.
- How to correctly store your veg.
- How to build a propagator.
- How to build a hot-bed.
- The importance of crop rotation.
- How to make your own compost.
- How to deal with garden pests and disease
- Cooking tips will also be given for all the veg covered on the course.
Book your course
£65 per person
25th June 2018
23rd July 2018
20th August 2018
This fabulous course is restricted to just 12 people to ensure each participant receives a thorough understanding of how to create a kitchen garden. To secure your place or purchase a gift voucher, please complete the booking form below. For further information, please call Ross on 07974 697191 or email firstname.lastname@example.org