If you’ve ever dreamed of growing your own vegetables to create fabulously nutritious meals, why not spend the day with Ross at beautiful Trerethern Farm in Padstow and learn how to establish your own kitchen garden. This fun but informative course is for gardeners of all abilities and no previous experience is required, although a passion for all things green-fingered is a bonus! Former head chef, Ross, will also prepare a scrumptious lunch made with ingredients sourced from the farm.
Ross is keen to tailor the day to suit the participants’ requirements, therefore, over introductory tea/coffee and delicious home-made cake, he will ask each person what it is they would like to learn.
- Growing vegetables in the ground, raised beds, pots and a polytunnel.
- Growing veg and herb plants from seed or cuttings.
- Growing and harvesting seasonal veg.
- How to grow baby veg and herbs for dinner parties.
- Continuity sowing
- How to deal with gluts.
- How to correctly store your veg.
- How to build a propagator.
- How to build a hot-bed.
- The importance of crop rotation.
- How to make your own compost.
- How to deal with garden pests and disease
- Cooking tips will also be given for all the veg covered on the course.