Course 17th July 2022
Have you ever dreamed of growing your own vegetables to create fabulously nutritious meals? Why not spend the day with Ross at the beautiful Trerethern Farm in Padstow, and learn how to establish your own kitchen garden. This fun but informative course is for gardeners of all abilities and no previous experience is required, although a passion for all things green-fingered is a bonus! Former Steins head chef, Ross, will also prepare a delicious zero mile menu for lunch, made with ingredients sourced from the farm.
8:30am Start arriving, introductions and discussion regarding own space and what you’d like from it, coffee & pastries available
9am Course begins with tour of the garden, topics for the day include, but not limited too:
- Growing vegetables in the ground, raised beds, pots and a polytunnel
- Growing veg and herb plants from seed or cuttings
- Growing and harvesting seasonal veg
- How to grow baby veg and herbs for dinner parties
- Continuity sowing
- How to deal with gluts
- How to correctly store your veg
- How to build a propagator
- How to build a hot-bed
- The importance of crop rotation
- How to make your own compost
- How to deal with garden pests and disease
- Demo on kitchen garden tools & machinery
- Cooking tips will also be given for all the veg covered on the course
11am Break from course, tea and coffee available
11:20am Resume course
1pm Break for lunch. Ross will cook a zero mile menu using delicious produce that you will have harvested from around the garden. This is where you will also learn some cooking tips and tricks!
2pm Resume course for afternoon
4pm Course ends. Refreshments available and debrief of the day, opportunity to asked any unanswered questions.
4:30pm Home time!
This fabulous course is restricted to just 12 people to ensure each participant receives a thorough understanding of how to create a kitchen garden. For further information, please email email@example.com
Information on refund and cancellation policies here.
Out of stock